Saturday, June 23, 2007
Goodbyes
One of the difficult parts of being a missionary is goodbyes. The last two years of my life has consisted of lots of these, unfortunately. Saying goodbye to friends and family back in California before leaving for Africa, meeting lots of amazing friends at the missionary training center in Virginia and then saying goodbye to them as our training finished and we scattered all over the world, and being on the field saying goodbye to other missionaries and friends as their terms finish or they go on furlough. And the past few months I’ve said more goodbyes to many good friends - Reema who left in March, Laura who left in May, the Trail Family who left in May, Carmel who left a couple weeks ago and the Fortenberry family who left last week. All these goodbyes have taken a toll... it’s been very quiet around here lately as the community I’ve been a part of here is slowly dissolving. And I know the goodbyes have not ended, there will be many more in the next couple months. I’m so thankful to the Lord for bringing so many amazing people into my life. I have been blessed with extraordinary friends all over the world.... but it can be difficult forming so many bonds and then having to let them go. Please pray for His strength in me to carry on with all these changes and as more approach over the coming months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In a couple of months, you can look forward to MANY hellos back here in the states! We are praying for you and can't wait to see you again!
Ditto, to Dean's comment. I'll save a spot for you on my sailboat. :)
Post a Comment