Monday, July 16, 2007

Ipeleng


This is my friend Ipeleng, who I’ve written about in my prayer requests, and her two daughters Laone and Katlego. I’ve been amazed by Ipeleng’s desire to know the Lord and her faithfulness in pursuing and obeying Him being a newly committed Christian. I was so excited yesterday at church to see her walk in with her boyfriend Picture beside her! As I’ve written in my prayer requests Picture is the father of Katlego and Laone and is not saved. Ipeleng and I have been praying for him together and this is the first time he’s come to church. Our desire is that he would come to know the Lord and then that he and Ipeleng would be able to get married. Please continue to pray for Ipeleng’s relationship with the Lord to deepen and her boldness in sharing about Him to grow. Pray that she will see the Lord’s faithfulness in answering the prayer for Picture to also come to know the Lord!

2 comments:

Ed Gardner said...

Hey Shawna, I pray that this finds you well. I have been meaning to drop you a note after each email but time gets away from me. Please know that I pray for you and your prayer requests and so enjoy continuing to keep up to date on you and Botswana. Being home these 3 plus months I know why you have a special place in your heart from Botswana. The team gets together at least once per month and we remain very close. Something very amazing happened to all of us while we were there and sometimes I cry just thinking and remembering my time there and everything that God brought and blessed me with. We all want to take another mission trip as a team so we shall see. I pray that you are remaining open to God's direction and guidence. Shawna, I have such respect and admiration for you that you have done this to serve. I don't know you really really well but my sense is that you truely did it to serve God. That makes it all the more special. I think our Abba Father often looks down on you with a huge smile on His face and says "Well done, my good and faithful servent. Many are called but only few respond". Stay well and be safe...Ed

Hiew Hong Teck said...

Just said a prayer for you Shawna. Really great to see the work of God there in Botswana.

I was there with my wife a few years ago to seek for employment so that we could do tent-making but the door wasn't opened for us. Now in Singapore in children's ministry.