Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Links

Just a note in case you haven't noticed that I have added some links on the sidebar. One is for Setso Project. I recently met an American girl, living in a village near to Lobatse for the year as a volunteer. She has put together a website where people from the States can donate money (any amount, no matter how large or small) to some of the local NGO'S (non-governmental organizations, a.k.a. non-profit organizations) here in Lobatse or surrounding villages. The website provides information about all the organizations and how donating works. Be aware that this website is not officially an NGO in itself yet, therefore, any donations are not tax deductable at this time. She is looking at getting NGO status in the future, and it should indicate on the website when that has happened. I wanted to include this link on my blog in case anyone is interested in donating to any local organizations here in Botswana, I've already had a couple of people ask about this.
I've also included links to the IMB, the organization I work for, and CESA (Central, Eastern and Southern Africa) which is the region I'm working in. You can check these websites for information about missions around the world, how you can be praying for missions, or even look up information on the specific people group I'm working with (Tswana).

No comments: