Sunday, November 20, 2005
Rain
One of the prayer requests that I was going to send in my next update was for rain! It has been the rainy season here for a month and a half, but I hadn’t seen a drop since I’ve been here. Last year was a drought year so everything has been incredibly brown. The missionaries who live next to me, and who have been here since 1994, stated that this is the driest they have ever seen it. You can see the ribs on the cattle because there is not enough for them to eat and dust covers everything. About 4pm yesterday, on my birthday, God sent and amazing gift….rain! It poured down for quite awhile, including a few minutes of hail. Last night the thunder and lightening woke me up several times. Praise the Lord! You can pray that we continue to have several more similar showers this season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment